- After such an awful season the Columbus Blue Jackets got a great piece of news today when they were informed by the league that they will be hosting next year’s All-Star Game. Maybe now they can start building a team worthy of having at least one All-Star selection! – Link
- There are some rumors flying around of a mega trade between the Canucks and the Ducks. The trade would have the Ducks sending Corey Perry to Vancouver for Cory Schneider, Mason Raymond and Keith Ballard. Yes, Ducks netmider Jonas Hiller is having a career worst year in net but he still has an above .900 save percentage and not the real problem with the team at this point. If this trade is completed, I would say major win for the Canucks and head scratcher for the Ducks.
- The Chicago Blackhawks certainly got older in the trade for Brendan Morrison but I don’t know if they got any better. The Hawks front office must think that the team needs some leadership on the ice because Morrison isn’t the same player that he was in the early 2000′s. – Link
- On September 15th the current CBA is set to expire and with what has transpired thus far, things are looking like it is going to be a nasty fight. The latest comes from Jason Spezza when he made comments to reporters at the All-Star Media Day Link . It seems like the NHLPA is trying to get out in front of this thing with some posturing but the bottom line is that the NHL cannot afford another work stoppage.
- The NHL Awards will be in Las Vegas again this year. Hopefully they don’t let Jay Mohr come back and we all remember this mess – Link
by Ryan Meehan
Wednesday I was very excited because I received a package from New York City containing the new record from standup comedian and writer John Mulaney. John writes for Saturday Night Live at the moment and is best known for his work as a correspondent on the “Weekend Update” segment with Seth Meyers. Mulaney’s second standup record is called “New in Town”, the follow-up to his album “The Top Part” which was released back when he was touring on the Comedians of Comedy tour in 2007 with Patton Oswalt and Brian Posehn. Additionally, he was most recently named by Rolling Stone magazine as one of the “Eight rising starts guaranteed to keep you laughing for years”. Continue reading
The NHL All-Star break is upon us and the Fantasy Draft commences this evening. Cal and Coach Ryan have decided to put their hockey knowledge to the test and have their own Fantasy, Fantasy draft. Following the same two team format and rules, drafting all your goalies by the 10th round and your defenders by the 15th, Cal and Coach Ryan are going to be putting their hockey pride on the line. What is at stake? The winner gets a 12pk of Labatt Blue (our favorite hockey beer) and the loser has to wear a piece of clothing supporting the favorite hockey team of the winner (Coach Ryan – Columbus, Cal – Detroit).
I as Coach Ryan sometimes find it difficult to admit that the two teams I root for are the Blue Jackets and the Lightning although being from Cleveland it is fitting. That being said sometimes I am embarrassed to sport Columbus gear so the thought of seeing Cal wearing it is quite intriguing. The rules are simple we are going to flip a coin to determine if you want to draft first or pick the captain. After the All Star Game on Sunday Cal and I will add up the points and make the other one pose in the other person’s apparel. Here is how the scoring works: Continue reading
Yo dog, since we last served ya bakin the rock’s been thru some crazy shit, ya know what I’m sayin’? Not ta worry doe there be plenty a hot fitted stylez blazin’ thru to bring tha fresh to you. We gotz a new featured site taday dat ya just can’t miss if ya wanna stay all up in dis. Check out some of da mad threadz they gotz availabul at da Hip Hop Closet!!!
Ain’t dat sick…? In udder wordz, if ya don’t know, NOW YA KNOW!!! Continue reading