In 1996 Texas Is The Reason released Do You Know Who You Are? which provided a tentpole for post-punk and emo bands (as awful as they are) that grace the modern airwaves. After one full-length album they broke up and disappeared in to indie rock obscurity but remained a prominent staple of any SDRE loving college kid from the late 90′s.
Today Revelation Records is releasing a fully expanded edition of the classic album. It includes the original 9 tracks plus 5 rare tracks and 2 previously unreleased songs, which were the final two songs that the band wrote together. The songs were recently recorded with Do You Know Who You Are? producer J. Robbins.
1. Johnny On The Spot
2. The Magic Bullet Theory
3. Nickel Wound
4. There’s No Way I Can Talk Myself Out Of This One Tonight (The Drinking Song)
5. Something To Forget (Version II)
6. Do You Know Who You Are?
7. Back And To The Left
8. The Day’s Refrain
9. A Jack With One Eye
10. Every Little Girl’s Dream (previously unreleased)
11. When Rock ‘N’ Roll Was Just A Baby (previously unreleased)
12. Blue Boy
13. Something To Forget (Version I)
14. If It’s Here When We Get Back It’s Ours
15. Dressing Cold
Here is a video that documents parts of a reunion show from October 2012 as well as a few interviews:
Purchase the album here – Link